Wednesday, May 5, 2010

BADeries

Now I'm no Albert Einstein or Thomas Edison, and I'm not trying to imply that I am by any means, or even anything close to them, but last week I had an unfortunate experience involving technology, ultimately leaving me questioning technology as whole. Last week my friend popped the movie "Friday" into his Xbox foolishly thinking that we were going to be able to watch it... and boy he couldn't have been more wrong. What was he thinking right? He grabbed his Xbox controller, which also serves as a remote to the system, tried to turn it on but, to our shock and dismay, it didn't work. He tried a few more times before eventually forfeiting, leaving us clueless with what to do. Not being able to watch the movie, which we didn't take lightly at all, because the batteries in the controllers were dead built up a hatred toward batteries in the pit of our stomach, and even though that day is in the past, I've still been wondering-- why haven't we figured out anything more advanced than batteries? I was sitting in a room with a nice tele, an expensive Xbox, even a fifteen dollar movie, but the cheap, tiny batteries are the only things not working and preventing me from watching the movie.

Not even just that incident though, I just feel like I need batteries a lot and no one has them... They always find a way to be hella inconvenient and the problems and stress they cause far out-weigh their benefits. I'm not really sure why Energizer thinks they can say that that bunny is still going because Energizers are good for a week or two at most. At least most people get a whole month with Duracell. Something needs to be done about batteries in general- we all know that they are going to get replaced with something much more convenient... hopefully it comes sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment